So you are planning a trip to Peru, and you want to make sure you get the most out of your journey. To ensure that you do not miss a thing, here is the complete guide to learn about Peru.
Your journey can start in Lima, where you will be met at the airport and shown your hotel. Lima, founded in 1535 by Francisco Pizarro in 1535, is a beautiful city in the heart of Peru. It has grown and progressed over the years.
Lima has beautiful churches and palaces with long histories. It is the capital of Peru and the essence of the Spanish colonialism. After a good night’s sleep, you can tour Lima and explore the cultural and culinary highlights of Lima. Some of them include a visit to San Francisco Church and view the fantastic catacombs and walk around the Plaza de Armas. You can get to know Lima neighborhoods before heading back to your hotel.
Later, you can experience Lima’s nightlife. Their Magic Water Circuit show is beautiful, and it is complete with dozens of fountains and thousands of lights.
Upon arrival in Arequipa, you can relax in your hotel, or you can take a city tour of Arequipa, which is known as the “White City.” If you like architecture and history, a visit to the Chapel of San Ignacio, the Plaza de Armas, and Saint Catalina monastery is a must. Miradores Carmen Alto or Mirador de Yanahuara are perfect places to end your tour.
Also Read: Guide and Tips to Travel to India
Visit Colca Canyon
The next morning you can travel to the city of Chivay and experience the fantastic thermal baths, and you can continue your travel to Colca Canyon. The road to Colca Canyon is rough, but the views of Ampato, Sabancaya, and Misti volcanoes in the distance are worth it. You will see a spectacular landscape that includes Patapampa Pass, which is a pass that is 15,300 above sea level.
The native wildlife is something you do not want to miss. Some of the unique animals include viscachas, which resembles a rabbit and vicuñas, which is the smaller cousin of the llama. When you arrive at Colca Canyon, you will be in awe at the world’s deepest canyon. You can view the scenic lookout over the city, and you can search for the Condor, which is the famous symbol of Peru. After your sightseeing, you will be taken to a Colca Canyon hotel.
Cusco is a major tourist destination with nearly 2 million visitors a year. You can take a free day or shop or enjoy all Cusco have to offer. There are many options available inside and outside of Cusco. Some of the options include:
- White water rafting, mountain biking and horseback riding are available if you would like to stretch your limbs.
- There are numbers of museums open to meet your quest for knowledge. The Concha museum provides the best representation of the Inca Empire, and the Choco Museums is a chocolate museum! The museum offers a two-hour workshop where you can make your own chocolate.
- The ruins of Sacsayhuaman, which is a fortress that is a perfect example of Inca architectural skills. The fortress was built with precision with boulders weighing 125 tons or more. The beautiful fortress is the place where the Spanish and the Incas fought their greatest battle.
- The Incan shrine, which is dedicated to Earth Mother, is called Quenqo (the Labyrinth).
- Puka Pukara, which is a small military fort, was built as a defence for Cusco and the Inca Empire.
- Tambomachay, a sacred bathing place, served as a resort spa for the Incan political elite.
- Amazon Jungle: You can choose 3 days and two-night excursion to the Amazon Jungle.
Visit Sacred Valley
As you travel north of Cusco, you will arrive in the Sacred Valley. In Sacred Valley, you can meet the locals and learn traditional weaving and dying. The town stretched from Pisac to Ollantaytambo.
You can visit the famous ruins of Pisac. And in Ollantaytambothe, you can visit a fortress that is a monumental architect in planning with its cobblestone streets, which have been available since the 13th Century.
The next stop is Machu Picchu. You can catch a train to Machu Picchu.
Visit Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu is the new Seven Wonders of the World. It is by far the most popular tourist destination. You will visit the Temple of Water, the Temple of Candor and a Room of three windows.
Hurry Up! Get ready to plan your trip to Peru!