Renting good quality LED screens can be a great way of reaching a new audience and existing customers for a low cost. This can increase your profit margins, along with raising your brand image. However, choosing the right kind of indoor LED screen hire for your event and advertising needs is important.
Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about LED screens for hire:
LED displays versus LED display walls
LED screens are used for creating massive LED walls in different shapes and sizes. They are created by connecting LED display modules together to create a seamless image. In addition, the LED wall will require special hardware and software to ensure that the modules work together as one. The ability to customise the LED display wall is a real advantage of this type of technology.
Types of LED Displays
There are two major types of LED screens, namely indoor and outdoor. You can choose the option that meets your requirements best.
The indoor LED display comes with a higher resolution and a fine pixel pitch in order to be viewed successfully at a close distance. It does not need to shine as brightly as an outdoor LED because it will not need to compete with intense natural light. Its indoor installation protects the technology from the elements and can lead to an extended lifespan.
The outdoor LED screens are sturdier and more durable than indoor, as they need to sustain external environmental conditions such as rain, dust, sunlight, temperature fluctuation etc. Outdoor screens need to shine more brightly in order to be visible in natural daylight and bright sunshine. They have lower pixel density and are designed for viewing from longer distances.
Benefits of LED Screens
- LED screens have the ability to engage with your audience effectively, delivering your messages and brand with high impact.
- If advertising is incorporated, they enable you to generate revenues from sponsors.
- A wide variety of different size LED screens are available, based upon your specific needs and space at the event venue.
- They are easy to install as well as transport.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an LED Screen
- Is the event taking place during the day or at night time? Will it be indoors or outdoors?
- If outdoors, will it be directly exposed to the elements and therefore need to withstand sand, rain, sun and other environmental elements?
- What is the size of the intended audience, for example is it an intimate gathering or a large concert?
LED screens can cope well with all of these demanding requirements. They offer a high refresh rate, great contrast colour and high brightness while resisting environmental elements.
- Pixel pitch
Pixel pitch is the distance between pixels in millimetres and the measure of pixel density. It can help in deciding the resolution, as well as the clarity of the LED screen and the minimum viewing distance. Usually, an indoor LED screen would have a smaller pixel pitch than an outdoor LED display.
The number of pixels in a display will decide the resolution. A higher resolution means better image quality, as well as a closer viewing distance being possible.
The unit of measuring brightness is nits. Outdoor LED panels need more brightness i.e. at least 4500 nits for being visible in natural sunlight. By contrast, an indoor video wall needs brightness of only 1000 to 3000 nits.
- IP rating
An IP rating is the measure of resistance to dust, rain and other environmental elements. Outdoor LED screens need an IP65 rating for safe and stable running in different weather conditions and IP68 to successfully handle rainfall. It can be a lot less for indoor LED screens, where an IP63 will be acceptable.
Tips For Renting an LED Display
- Choose the right provider for your LED needs. They should be experienced and reliable. Check their reputation online with the help of ratings and reviews from previous clients.
- Be wary of the lowest price, it may reflect older or substandard equipment. Poor performance will impact the effectiveness and quality of your event, which reflects badly on your brand.
- Book the LED screen and any associated equipment well in advance of your event, don’t risk being unable to find the right equipment due to poor planning and last minute decisions. Implement your plan as soon as you can.
- Use contrasting colours and brightness for maximum impact on your audience, especially for longer viewing distances.
The tips in this article can help guide your decision as to which LED will best meet your event-specific requirements. There are so many options when it comes to LED screens for hire. Whether it is indoor LED screen hire or outdoor, choosing an experienced company with professional equipment will help make your personal or corporate event successful.
Read more blogs